UPDATED : ஆக 19, 2026 11:01 PM
ADDED : ஆக 19, 2026 11:03 PM

New Delhi: The National Testing Agency has overhauled its question-setting panel, removing hundreds of experts and inducting new members as part of measures to strengthen the examination system following recent controversies over centrally conducted tests.
Union Education Minister Pralhad Joshi on Tuesday held discussions with the NTA Director General, senior officials and other stakeholders on measures taken by the testing agency to address issues related to examinations.
The NTA had earlier said 50 employees had been removed and fresh appointments were being made to strengthen its workforce and enhance the use of modern technology in conducting examinations.
Joshi held another meeting with NTA officials on Wednesday and directed them to ensure adequate infrastructure and security arrangements for the smooth conduct of examinations.
According to a statement issued by the Union Education Ministry, 500 experts have been removed from the question-setting panel and new experts inducted as part of its restructuring.
A four-tier question-paper review mechanism has also been put in place to strengthen the security and scrutiny of question papers.
The NTA is expected to induct 20 to 25 more officials over the next two to three weeks, while discussions are underway on appointing additional personnel, the ministry said.
The NTA's office will also be shifted to a new premises on a war footing, where security will be strengthened with the deployment of Central Industrial Security Force personnel, officials informed the minister.
The measures come amid scrutiny of the NTA's functioning and demands for stronger safeguards to prevent irregularities and ensure transparency in competitive examinations.


